Contract type: Permanent (Subject to a probationary period of 6 months)
Hours: 10 hours per week (some flexible working, including evenings, will be required)
Salary: £32,320 pro rata (37.5 hours full-time equivalent)
Location: 11 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
Purpose of the Post: The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for the smooth running of the financial aspects of SIP, as specified below, and for innovations that enhance these facets of the organisation whilst in pursuance of SIP’s charitable objectives.
Scope: The FM is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of financial management of all parts of the organisation.
The FM will also act as Company Secretary providing administrative support to the Board of Trustees in line with the requirements of the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy (SIP)is a registered charity founded in May 1985 by a group of psychoanalytic psychotherapists. Our Main objectives are to provide and assist in the provision of psychotherapeutic ( and related support) services to members of the public and to promote and develop psychoanalytic and psychodynamic psychotherapy in the South West through our training Courses.
- Oversee the processing of all invoices, claim forms, the receipt and processing of deposits
- Monthly bank reconciliations and monitoring account balances, maintaining bank mandates and online signatories
- Providing MMC with information regarding changes in fees and expenses
- Filing and safe disposal of confidential documents
HR & PAYE
- Producing and collecting signed copies of contracts of employment
- Maintaining and keeping up to date all PAYE files (P45s and P60s etc) and making HMRC submissions in conjunction with an outsourced payroll provider
- Keeping abreast of HMRC PAYE requirements
Financial Planning, Development & Fundraising
- Providing financial advice and expertise to the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee.
- Identifying financial and/or operational opportunities and innovations that will aid the development and long-term stability of the organisation, and in consultation with the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees, taking forward those which fit SIP’s strategy
- Assembling draft central costs budgets for use in draft departmental budgets, and combined departmental budgets for presentation to Trustees, Executive Committee, and the membership
- Liaising and co-ordinating with officers and the Training Committee in order to assist and make recommendations regarding future budgets and the setting of fees and expenses
- Assembling and distributing quarterly financial updates and advising the Executive Committee and Trustees of any activity to note
- Point of contact for accountant including assembling end of year information for delivery to the accountant and co-ordinating the production of Financial Statement and Annual Report in time for delivery to membership pre-AGM
- Managing the operational and book-keeping aspects of fundraising activities
Company Secretary (approx. 12 hours per quarter)
- Taking minutes at meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Providing general administrative support to Trustees when needed
- Filing returns to Companies House and the Charity Commission by designated deadlines
- Maintaining an awareness of procedures as laid out in the company’s procedural documents and advising the Trustees accordingly
- Overseeing the preparation and gathering of reports and proposals for General Meetings
- Managing production of revised procedural documents
- Attending meetings as required and ensuring that those falling within the remit of the FM are administratively serviced
- Holding knowledge of and work within the requirements of SIP’s data protection and equal opportunities policies
- Ensuring that all SIP documents and resources (including website) are kept up-to-date, centralised, and accessible as appropriate to officers, members, associates, and members of the public
- Making sure all essential deadlines are met
For a detailed job description and person specification, please click here.
Application closing date: Tuesday 3rd May 2022 (10 AM)
How to apply: Please send your CV alongside a Cover Letter addressing the person specification, using the job description and person specification as a point of reference, and email to: [email protected]
Interviews will be held week commencing 9th May 2022.