Contract type: Permanent (subject to a 6 month probationary period)
Hours: 30 hours per week (some flexible working, including evenings, will be required)
Salary: £15,200 per annum (£19,000 pro rata)
Location: Office-based role (11 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH)
Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy (SIP) has been providing trainings and courses in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic psychotherapy for over 30 years. We operate our organisation and run our trainings in 11 Orchard Street in central Bristol, where the Training Administrator would be based. We have a membership of approximately 100 professional & retired therapists, many of whom are involved in a variety of ways in running the organisation; most of the teaching is provided by SIP members.
The membership is supported, and in some areas led, in providing our services and trainings by paid staff (the Finance Manager, the Membership and Marketing Co-ordinator and the Training Administrator). The Training Administrator will be line managed by the Head of Training, currently a professional member of SIP; the Head of Training post may become a paid post in the foreseeable future.
The main training activities of SIP are:
- A one year Introductory Course
- A two year course in Infant Observation, and a one year Classical Theory Course and a one year Work Discussion Seminar
- Two professional clinical trainings leading to registration with the British Psychoanalytic Council (of which SIP is a member institute) – as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist or as a psychodynamic psychotherapist
- Workshops, Study Days and talks for members
- Workshops, Study Days and talks open to the public
The Training Administrator will provide overall administrative support for SIPs training programme (including contributory administrative support for SIP events programme) and to work with other staff members to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
For a detailed job description and person specification, please click here.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV, alongside a PDF cover letter (of no more than 1,000 words) addressing each of the person specification points to [email protected].
As part of our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all, Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy has a policy to carry out Equal Opportunities Monitoring to help us reach and serve more diverse communities than we currently do. As part of this, we ask that applicants who are comfortable doing so to complete a short Equality Monitoring Form. Participation is optional, and all responses will remain completely anonymous and are not connected in any way with personally identifiable information – we would be most grateful if you could take a moment to complete the form here.
Monday 17th January 2022 (midday)
Thursday 27th & Friday 28th January 2022
- We are only able to accept applications from those with the right to live and work in the UK
- The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check