- We do not offer an emergency service, if matters are urgent you should contact your local NHS Emergency Mental Health helpline
- We cannot accept referral requests submitted on behalf of someone else
- We cannot offer remote therapy sessions through our Training Patient Scheme
The Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy is a Member Institute of the British Psychoanalytic Council, who accredit our well established training courses.
Our Training Patient Scheme offers the opportunity to access psychotherapy at reduced rates with a therapist in training. Trainees are at an advanced stage of training, and are supervised by senior members of SIP who are approved training supervisors. There are two options:
- Intensive Psychoanalytic psychotherapy: This scheme is for individuals who are looking for – and can commit to – three times weekly sessions for a minimum of two years
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: This is for individuals who are looking for – and can commit to – once or twice weekly therapy for a minimum of one year.
If you would like to enquire about accessing therapy at a reduced cost with a therapist in training through SIPs Consultation and Referral service, please see the ‘How does the Training Patient Scheme referral process work?‘ section of the FAQs below for more information. If you’d prefer to contact a therapist directly, you may prefer to use the ‘Find a therapist’ pages of the British Psychoanalytic Council (https://www.bpc.org.uk/find-a-therapist) or the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists (https://www.psychotherapy.org.uk/find-a-therapist/), both of which list suitably trained and registered therapists.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy: No vacancies
- Birmingham (3 sessions p/week from the following): Monday – Morning, Tuesday – Morning, Wednesday – Afternoon
- Taunton (3 sessions p/week from the following): Monday – Morning, Monday – Afternoon, Tuesday – Morning, Tuesday – Afternoon, Wednesday- Morning, Thursday – Morning, Friday – Afternoon