Please note: we do not offer an emergency service, if matters are urgent you should contact your local NHS Emergency Mental Health helpline.
- Thrice weekly sessions on (3 of the following slots) Monday Afternoon, Tuesday Afternoon, Thursday Afternoon or Friday Morning
- Thrice weekly sessions on Tuesday Evening, Wednesday Evening & Friday Afternoon
- Once or twice weekly sessions on a Monday Morning or Monday Evening
If you are interested in seeing a therapist in training at the available time(s) above, please see the ‘How does the Training Patient Scheme referral process work?’ section for the next steps.
The Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy is a Member Institute of the British Psychoanalytic Council, who accredit our well established training courses.
Our Training Patient Scheme offers the opportunity to access psychotherapy at reduced rates with therapist in training. Trainees are at an advanced stage of training, and are supervised by senior members of SIP who are approved training supervisors. There are two options:
- Intensive Psychoanalytic psychotherapy: This scheme is for individuals who are looking for – and can commit to – three times weekly sessions for a minimum of two years
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: This is for individuals who are looking for – and can commit to – once or twice weekly therapy for a minimum of one year.