The Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy (SIP)
Psychoanalytic psychotherapy training in Bristol.
Psychotherapy services in Bristol and the South of England.
Welcome. The Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy (SIP) is a professional association of psychoanalytical psychotherapists, and a training institute in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. It is based in Bristol. We offer:
“Destroying the Knowledge of the Need for Love: Working with patients within a perverse and/or addictive transference”
We are pleased to announce our Annual Public lecture, to be held on Saturday 5th October 2013. The speaker is David Morgan.
A two year course aimed at treatment on once- or twice-weekly basis, with or without a time-limited contract. Starting in September 2013.
- A range of Courses
- Clinical Training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Modified Training for experienced psychoanalytic psychotherapists
- Training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic Seminars and Pre-Clinical Courses: Infant Observation, Work Discussion, and Classical Theory. These courses may taken individually, in their own right, or as part of our training to be a psychotherapist. Take all three courses for the first stage of training to be a psychoanalytic psychotherapist. To train as a psychodynamic psychotherapist, complete Work Discussion and Classical Theory – you can take both in the same year if you wish.
- Introductory Course in Psychoanalytic Theories and Concepts
- Mind at Work: understanding the workplace
- Educational events and resources for SIP members and trainees
- Annual lecture and other events open to the public.
SIP is a member institute of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
All our members have professional qualifications, having trained to a high standard within SIP or another recognised training organisation. Members offering psychotherapy are all registered with BPC, and work to our Code of Ethics.
SIP has members in Bristol, Bath, and other areas of the South West, South, and West of England.
Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy, 11 Orchard Street, Bristol, BS1 5EH.